It’s no secret that today’s executive assistants have to wear many hats. Besides managing a busy agenda, records and file management, client relationship management, proofreading, and a host of other duties, they also have to keep up with the latest trends and best practices in the field.
If you are an executive assistant, personal assistant, technical assistant, or administrator and want to take your skills up a notch, check out these 7 e-learning platforms that can help you do just that.
- LinkedIn Learning– Formerly known as Lynda.com, LinkedIn Learning offers a wide range of courses, including marketing, project management, web design, business, technology, software, etc. Courses range from introductory level to professional, depending on your learning needs. The site also offers certificates of completion and has an extensive library of courses that you can preview before you enrol. LinkedIn has partnered with educators like Harvard Business School, Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, and Stanford Graduate School of Education to offer quality content for their users.
- Udemy – Udemy is a website that offers over 30,000 courses for free, with the option of purchasing some of them. They offer both video and text-based instruction on topics such as business, technology, design, etc. With over 65% off its regular course price ($9), Udemy is giving away 100 courses about entrepreneurship for free until December 31st.
- EdX.com is a non-profit online learning platform founded by Harvard University and MIT. Since its inception in 2012, EdX is committed to increasing access to high quality and free educational content globally. It partners with universities to offer courses in the areas of science, technology, engineering, humanities, social sciences and more. It’s an open-source platform available for anyone to create their course for free. Edx offers certificates of completion for a fee. With over 1 million learners from around the world enrolled in courses on the platform, EdX has become one of the most popular platforms for MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses).
- Skillshare – This is a virtual skill-sharing platform that allows e-learners to access videos, tutorials and other resources for instructional purposes. Skillshare offers different categories for users, including computer science, humanities, design/creative arts, psychology & counselling skills and more! The site also features courses from top universities such as Yale University. You get access to 1,000+ classes in this online learning community with instructors from all over the world and anyone can learn anything at any time on any device.
- Coursera is a free online course provider that offers a wide range of topics, from business to mathematics to law. Online courses on this site are taught by professors from all over the world and can be taken on a self-paced basis with no deadlines. Courses on this site are typically 10-20 hours in length and can be accessed from anywhere that has internet access. One of the most interesting of this site is the option to pay for a verified certificate of completion.
- Khan Academy provides free education for everyone worldwide. The site uses videos, interactive exercises, and assessments to provide a personalized learning experience, which is both entertaining and instructive with the broader goal of getting more people around the world into higher-quality education so they can have better lives. Khan Academy has been around since 2006 and it has over 3700 free instructional videos. There are currently over 3 million students that visit Khan Academy every month, completing millions of exercises per day from all over the world in their native language.
- DigitalDefyned.com is a website that offers free training and certification for any course you need, without the hassle of an application process. The courses are up-to-date with the latest developments in their respective fields, so they’re always relevant to your needs. The site is designed to cater to e-learners by providing quick content access through videos and podcasts. In essence, digitaldefyned helps you get certified for free for any skill you need.
To ensure you have the pre-requisite skills to maximise your productivity, consider using an e-learning platform to develop your professional knowledge and enhance your skills.